Master of Science in the Built Environment
- Applicants must hold a baccalaureate or graduate degree from a college or university recognized by ASU, in one of the professions or fields of study outlined below:
- Individuals who hold a previous five- or six-year NAAB (National Architectural Board) accredited professional degree in Architecture (BArch or MArch degree). See the NAAB website for more information.
- Individuals who are licensed landscape architects or those who have completed a four-year Bachelor of Science in Landscape Architecture degree, or a Master in Landscape Architecture degree. The undergraduate or graduate degree must be granted by an institution that offers the Landscape Architectural Accreditation Board (LAAB) accredited degree program in architecture.
- Individuals who have an Engineering degree (BS or MS) with a background in building sustainability issues. (Mechanical & Civil Engineering, and Construction majors are particularly suited for application to this program)
- Individuals who have a Science degree (BS or MS degree) with a background in building sustainability issues.
- Applicants must meet the minimum GPA requirements as established by the Graduate College.
- An official copy of GRE scores must be provided (unofficial copies will not be accepted). For more information on the GRE see gre.org (or if you live near ASU see asu.edu/uts). The Design School does not have a minimum score for admissions; however, the average scores of admitted students are between 500–600 for each section.
- Admission to the Master of Science in the Built Environment program is selective and cannot be deferred. In most cases students must enroll in the semester for which they are admitted.
- A personal interview is not required; however, a candidate wishing to visit the school is welcome and should make arrangements by contacting email@example.com or one of the graduate coordinators: Stephanie Alvey (Stephanie.Alvey@asu.edu) 480.727.7919 or Terri Beck (Terri.Beck@asu.edu) 480.965.1174.
For complete application instructions and requirements please visit The Design School graduate application page: design.asu.edu/students/grad/prospective/applying/.